Cameron Diaz, Kerry Washington and Ashley Tisdale are the latest celebs to get married on a weekday. These Hollywood actresses picked a Monday for their nuptials, bucking the usual weekend wedding tradition. “The 8th was our anniversary so I wanted to land on an 8th, and [thankfully] it landed on a Monday in September,” Tisdale told Ryan Seacrest after marrying Christopher French on September 8, 2014. The second reason for Tisdale’s Monday wedding was to fly under the radar. “I figured out like, ‘Oh, I don’t think anybody would figure this one out,’ and that was to protect the privacy of it.”
Here are 5 reasons to a weekday wedding:
1. It’s Budget Friendly – Weekday discounts are common in the wedding business. From venues to vendors, everyone is willing to cut costs when the wedding falls on an “off day.”
2. Vendor Availability – Venue and vendor schedules are likely to be more open during the week. If you have your heart set on a certain location or planner, they should have more availability on a weekday.
3. You Can Choose a Meaningful Date – New Year’s Eve? An important anniversary? With a weekday wedding, choosing a nostalgic date can be done, even if it doesn’t fall on the weekend. Another reason Tisdale chose a Monday was because she wanted to get married on the 8th, her anniversary.
4. Keep the Guest Count Down – Due to work commitments and travel, fewer guests will be able to attend a weekday ceremony. If you have a large family, but a smaller budget, a weekday wedding is a good way to keep numbers down.
5. Be Unique – A weekday wedding is definitely a way to stand out and do something different. At the end of the day, tt’s your wedding, and you can choose any day you want. Those who love and support you will be there no matter what day of the week it falls on.