Flynet Pictures, HilaryDuff.com
From the red carpet to the walk down the aisle, celebrities everywhere are styling their hair in the classic ballerina bun. These high chic buns offer a look that exudes femininity and is timeless, elegant and sophisticated all rolled into one.
Recent brides like Molly Sims, Nicole Richie and Hilary Duff chose this look for their big days. And Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Lopez and Lauren Conrad have turned up at recent events sporting the same bold style.
If you’re thinking about this hairstyle for your bridal look, here are five reasons why we love it:
1. It’s Different: You want to look like yourself on your wedding day, but you also don’t want to look like you’re meeting a friend for lunch. This hairstyle is the perfect way to accomplish both. Think of it as “You” with a twist.
2. It’s Timeless: This look is very on trend at the moment but is also a classic style that will never feel dated or out of style.
3. It Can Be Accessorized: Sometimes you want that extra something to spruce up your look. With a ballerina bun you can accessorize with a vintage hair comb, flowers or even a braid around the base of the bun. The possibilities are endless.
4. Veil Options: We love the look of pinning the veil underneath the bun. But if you prefer to secure it on top of your head or opt for no veil at all, it still works.
5. It Shows Off Your Natural Assets: Ballerina buns call attention to your face and show off defined collarbones. This is a way to highlight your natural assets and create a simple look that’s also very flattering.
Here, Lauren Conrad’s hairstylist, Kristin Ess, shows you how to get the perfect ballerina bun.