Shannen Doherty married Kurt Iswarienko on Saturday at a friend’s house in Malibu. The “90210” actress and her photographer beau tied the knot in front of 170 guests in a candlelit poolside ceremony.
Here are five creative ideas we love from their wedding:
1. Tie changes for the groom: Shannen wore three different Monique Lhuillier wedding dresses while Kurt opted for a Ralph Lauren tux. Rather than change his tux, the groom changed his tie each time the bride changed her dress.
2. Erect the aisle over the pool: We’ve seen dance floors erected over the pool many times, but Doherty opted for something creative and different walking a long plank aisle stretching the length of the pool. With guests seated on each side, it made for beautiful photos and an emotional moment when she walked down the aisle with her mother.
3. Enforce a dress code: Doherty requested all guests wear black to complement the wedding color palette of ivory and black with touches of plum. The guests created a perfect backdrop, allowing the bride and groom to stand out in an elegant and classy way.
4. Choose flower girls rather than bridesmaids: Doherty asked the children of her best friends to be flower girls rather than having traditional bridesmaids. The little girls, who wore black dresses with jeweled headpieces, relished in the excitement of their roles.
5. Pay tribute to family: Doherty used the lace from her mother’s wedding gown and had a new dress designed to wear at the reception. She honored her late father by including his name on the wedding invitation and walked down the aisle to his favorite song, “What a Wonderful World.”